Let’s face it. Change is a part of our lives almost every day.
Whatever stage of life you’re in from just beginning your career, in your prime earning years or preparing for retirement, certain events will take place that may lead you to re-think your financial goals.
- Are you thinking of buying a new or bigger home or paying off your mortgage sooner?
- Are you planning for a baby or saving for a child’s education?
- Is retirement an option for you in the next little while?
- Have your expenses or income changed recently?
- Has your risk tolerance for investments changed based on a change in your priorities?
Life changes. Shouldn’t your financial strategy?
Any of these events may result in a need to take stock financially and make adjustments such as the following:
- Making monthly contributions or lump sum payments into a Registered Education Savings Plan (RESP) can help with your children’s education.
- Paying bi-weekly or weekly or through a lump sum can shave years off your mortgage payback period saving interest in the long run.
- Setting up a pre-authorized contribution plan to an RRSP can help you take advantage of dollar cost averaging and compounding to grow your retirement nest egg faster.
Planning and guidance can help
Your financial strategy should be flexible and recognize that your needs and goals will evolve over time. In general your strategy should be reviewed at least once a year and after any life event. This will help you be financially prepared to face life’s challenges.
Our Financial Services department is ready to help you keep your finances on track by providing a review of your financial strategy.
41 Dundas Street West, P.O. Box 280
Trenton, Ontario K8V 5R5
Mutual Funds and some Segregated Funds provided by the Fund Companies are offered through Worldsource Financial Management Inc., sponsoring mutual fund dealer. All other products and services are offered through Whitley Financial Services.
Office Closures Effective April 8, 2021
Whitley Insurance & Financial Services cares deeply about our staff, clients and community. Until further notice we are not seeing clients in person. We are available by phone and email. We ask that you not attend our offices in person and only by confirmed appointment if necessary.
Please contact our offices and we will direct your call accordingly:
Trenton (613) 392-1283
Belleville (613) 966-1711
Stirling (613) 395-5501
Deseronto (613) 396-2312
Payments may be made by Interac e-Transfer, Credit Card, or Online Banking.
We would like to thank you for your business. During these uncertain times, we’re working hard to continue to provide the same service standards you have come to expect from us.